The Data Controller for this web site is BARTLETT AUTOMOTIVE Limited. The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the website, about the information that is collected from them when they visit this site, how this information is used, if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users' privacy.
The Data Protection Act “DPA” 1998 establishes rights for individuals whose personal data is processed by a third party. Any organisation which processes information about living individuals is a data controller for the purposes of the Act. BARTLETT AUTOMOTIVE Limited, as data controller, is required by the Act to ensure that individual data subjects are aware of how their personal data may be used, the purpose/purposes for processing that data and to whom, if anybody, that data may be disclosed.
We may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information about your use of this website;
• information that you provide us for the purpose of registering with the website or contacting us through the website;
• information that we receive from third parties (for example; business partners, advertisers and credit reference agencies);
• information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our updates; and
• any other information that you send/give us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
We may use your personal information to:
• administer this website;
• personalise the website for you;
• help keep our website safe and secure;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• enable your access to and use of the website services;
• help us understand the effectiveness of advertising to you to ensure we can continues to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• notify you about changes to our service;
• send you marketing communications.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Where we disclose your personal information to agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted to our site and any data submitted is done so at your own risk.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
If you would like us to not process your personal data for marketing purposes please inform us using the below contact details. We will usually inform you before we collect your data if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes.
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request to this information may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with the information we hold.
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.